Crone Goddess Statue – Bronzed
Out of stock
Honor the Goddess in all of her phases. Maiden, Mother and Crone.
These three figures are often described as the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone, each of which symbolizes both a separate stage in the female life cycle and a phase of the Moon, and often rules one of the realms of heavens, earth, and underworld. (Also referred to as Triple Goddess).
The Crone Goddess or dark mother is the last aspect of the Triple Goddess, together with the Mother and the Maiden she represents part of the circle of life.
In today’s society where we worship youth and beauty, this aspect of the Goddess is the most frightening and misunderstood of the three, as she represents our destruction, decay and death. Traditional societies however, view death as part of a cycle.
Here, as in nature, the death of Winter is followed by the promise of rebirth in the Spring. Her colour is black and she is associated with the waning or new moon, Autumn and Winter.
In her positive aspect she is often depicted as a Grandmother, a wise woman, or a midwife. The word Crone is derived from the old word for crown, suggesting the wisdom that emanates from the head like a halo. Her own child bearing days are past; she is the wisdom keeper, seer and healer and midwife, whose knowledge is sought out to guide others during life’s hardships and transitions.
- The Crone represents: a sense of letting go, returning to your roots, represents wisdom, energy of surrender, no longer needing to prove anything to anyone, a fullness of wisdom, trustable, reliable, honest.
- The Crone’s job: to share her knowledge with others.
- The Crone’s shadow side: can be resentful and bitter if she has regrets.
- The Crone: winter/autumn/ waning moon
- “Whenever you are in the Crone archetype, you’re closer to the fullness of God that is love.”
- Society and the media knows that the more they pressure us to stay in the archetype of the maiden, the more we will spend.
- “We are pressured to have the maiden body, life and mindset, but we’re not fulfilling our duties here to be the divine feminine if we don’t go through all of the stages.”
- My invitation to you is do not go back to who you were. All of life is forward motion. You are not meant to be the maiden forever. You are meant to change and grow.
- “If you want to create and cultivate more wisdom in your life, you must allow yourself to enter new phases of life.”
- Honor the changing phases and know that you have a maiden, mother and crone within you at all times.
Unfortunately in the Middle Ages the church feared these wise women and the esteem with which their communities held them. Many of them were killed during the Inquisition and the wise woman of old was relegated to the Wicked Witch and Hag Archetype of our fairy tales.
Post Menopause is Crone stage.
Approx Dims: 3 1/8″ x 2 3/4″ x 6 1/2″
Created & Compiled by Debb Greer with some excerpts from MadelynMoon